drank Melon Oolong by Lupicia

I bought this yesterday after being swayed by a steepster review. I love oolong, and I know Lupicia is pretty good with flavoring, so I had to try it. This tea smells just like honeydew when it’s steeped up. Mmmmmmmm!!! The taste is somewhere between honeydew and cantaloupe. The oolong itself is like one of those really light, floral green oolongs, which to tell you the truth gets a little overpowered by the melon flavor. I think I would have preferred an oolong that had a bit of an earthier, more grounded note to even this tea out, but I still enjoyed it. I think this will be awesome iced. I’m definitely going to give that a shot! :)

Courtney

Yum! The reviews are really swaying me too, but I was put off slightly by the fact it was an oolong. I enjoy oolongs, but not really enough to go out of my way to get them.

courtney….i like this one. a bunch. if that helps lol

whatshesaid

It helps me, I was debating adding it to the Lupicia order that I’m going to make my American relatives smuggle across the border for me

(Not really smuggle, since it’s legal and all)

if you hate it..i will take it bwahahaha

Courtney

Sil oolongs aren’t generally your thing, right? I’m even more intrigued.

Haha whatshesaid, smuggle. When are your relatives visiting?

In July :)

Not sure exactly when, but I’ve already put a Harney order in to get sent to them, trying to space it out a bit vs paying all at once. Next is American Tea Room, SteapShoppe and the big Lupicia order! Debating on Adagio for Tardis and a Sherlock tea, but not sure it’s worth such a large quantity in case I’m not a fan

Tealizzy

Courtney- I think you’d like his one, since there is very little oolong flavor…it’s very much a straight up melon tea.

whatshesaid – that sounds like an awesome amount of tea to look forward to. Nice that your relatives don’t mind receiving and bringing it all to you, but I suppose that’s what family is for, right? Haha!

Courtney….I don’t really like green oolongs, roasty ones are better unless they have that one particular taste I don’t care for.

Comments

Courtney

courtney….i like this one. a bunch. if that helps lol

whatshesaid

(Not really smuggle, since it’s legal and all)

if you hate it..i will take it bwahahaha

Courtney

Sil oolongs aren’t generally your thing, right? I’m even more intrigued.

Haha whatshesaid, smuggle. When are your relatives visiting?

In July :)

Tealizzy

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area