drank Chocolate Macaroon by DAVIDsTEA

I thought this tea might taste better iced. It didn’t. In fact, it was like drinking straight artificial sweetener. Ick! Oh well, I tried.

The thought occurred to me that maybe I don’t like super sweet things as much anymore, but that would be contrary to the fact that I drank a Starbucks caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino right before this tea and it was awesome!

whatshesaid

Hahahaha. Yes, somehow I can still drink those crazy Starbucks dessert coffees but with tea it’s somehow different. Like my tastebuds are now trained to expect it from my once a week overpriced latte treat but not from any other drink

Comments

whatshesaid

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area