drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

This turned out particularly delicious this morning as an iced latte with almond milk. I sipped it slowly, so maybe letting it sit a bit is the key. The flavors need time to meld together? Anyway, it was yummy, and perfect for how hot it is today!

Stephanie

Courtney lets her cold lattes steep overnight. I tried it and it seems to help! I just need to get my act together and remember to make my matcha the night before I want to drink it…heh

Tealizzy

I’ll have to try that! :)

Courtney

I enjoy it much more when I let it sit, it’s true. Even a few hours is better than nothing. :)

Comments

Stephanie

Tealizzy

I’ll have to try that! :)

Courtney

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area