drank Silver Needle by Gong Fu Tea Shop

The first time I made this, I made it to the package instructions. 1 tsp per 6oz @ 195. It was way to weak for me, it tasted like drinking water and I got none of the sweet taste that I enjoy about silver needle. Last night I made this and altered my preparation a bit. I used 3ish tsp for 12 oz water, steeped for a little over 2 mins @ 175. Much more enjoyable. I could taste the tea and not just the water. Will have to try this again to see if it was really the preparation or my mood:).

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO