drank The Pint by Custom-Adagio Teas

This is the tea for day #9 of the 12 days of Christmas. Thank you Khaleesical!

I will be honest, I was a bit scared of this one and I can’t even give you a valid reason why. Maybe the warning about not over steeping, maybe my last encounter with Irish breakfast tea, whatever it was I am glad I got over it because this is a pretty enjoyable cup of tea!

From the dry leaf I get the spicy fruity/ginger smell. The tea steeped has a nice balance of malty, ginger and cream. I was expecting this tea to be a bit astringent, but I am not getting much of that. This was a great tea for my morning cup. This is again another tea that I would have never picked to try on my own that I am really liking from the swap!

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO