drank Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong by Yezi Tea

I received a sample of this from TeaPet in the box of David’s teas that I got. Thank you!

I am having a no flavored tea kinda day so I was digging through my samples and found this bad boy. I tried 3 of Yezi’s black teas with their sample promotion and this is now my 4th. I really liked the 3 that I tried and have them on my list to buy from in the future. I am adding this to my list of likes. I have never had a smokey tea before but I believe that is how I would describe this tea. The front part of the sip has a bit of smoke with a spice to it and then at the end I get a malty/coco taste. The black teas that I have had from China I would describe as sweet potato. This I would describe as semi sweet smokey chocolate. This is different from anything that I have had and I am liking it. Thanks again TeaPet for sharing some of this with me.

Charissa

I checked out Yezi Tea and wow, it looks like a really good company! I have read quite a few Steepster reviews on their teas and it looks like their products are nothing short of amazing. Also, love the fact that they give 3 free samples! I placed my first order today and can’t wait to try their organic teas. I am excited to explore the world of oolongs and greens more, so this order should help me do that!

Comments

Charissa

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO