I received a free sample of this from Tea At Sea. Thank you for allowing me to try this tea.

This tea arrived at my door in very cute packaging. I received two samples and they were in small sample size packets with the company’s name and a tag attached to the package that described the tea and gave temperature guidelines for steeping.

I am usually more of a dark oolong verses a green oolong person. This tea is a less oxidized oolong. It steeped up with a yellow/green color. It has a flowery, green, honey taste. This is really nice! Some of the more green oolongs the floral notes over power the tea for me and I have a hard time drinking them. This one the floral is there but is well blended with the honey sweet notes. The sip also has a creamy/buttery feel and taste to it. I don’t think this is a milk oolong, but this has some of the same feel to it.

The way I rate tea is based on my personal preference. It is based on if I am driven to drink or buy a given tea again. In this case I will definitely finish this sample and would consider making a purchase from Tea At Sea to own more of this tea.

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO