drank Nilgiri by Gong Fu Tea Shop

I received a sample of this from Charissa! Thank you for sharing with me.

I have had a few cups of this already and every time I am not sure what to write about this tea. It is mellow and smooth. It is a bit dry at the end of the sip. It is a lighter tea, but is not weak. The flavor fills the entire sip. There are no strong flavors that stand out, but it is well rounded. For me this is a standard black tea. (The flavor that I think of when I think black tea). As the description says I think it would be amazing iced. Hot it is amazing as well.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Charissa

Nice description of this one, Tiff! I think everything you said was spot on. It is light, yet not at all weak—so full of flavor and delicious. I’m glad you liked it!

Comments

Charissa

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO