I received a sample of this from Angel and the folks at TeaVivre. Thank you!

This came in a vacuum sealed packaging with brewing instructions written on the package. This is my 2nd or 3rd keemun. The first keemun I tried had quite a bit of smoke to it and I really enjoyed it. I was anticipating the smoke for this tea and there is only a hint of smoke for me. This tea is medium bodied. The first part of the sip is very smooth that hints at a tad bit of bitterness towards the end. There is also a dry malty taste with a hint of smoke. I am not sure what to make of this tea. It is a tasty cup, but not one that I would crave. I will have no problems finishing what I have but I am not sure this one would be a restock for me.

I want to note that my ratings are based on my preference and whether or not I would restock/repurchase a tea.

looseTman

“This tea is medium bodied.”
You might consider: 8 oz. / 7 g / 194℉ / Rinse, 1, 2, 3 min. steeps

TeaTiff

I will give this a try. Thank you!

You’re welcome!

Comments

looseTman

“This tea is medium bodied.”
You might consider: 8 oz. / 7 g / 194℉ / Rinse, 1, 2, 3 min. steeps

TeaTiff

I will give this a try. Thank you!

You’re welcome!

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO