Enjoying the last few perls of this tea from boychik. Thanks again for including this one. I am using the new gaiwan this time. I am enjoying this a bit more than the last time. Blame it on the gaiwan or my mood I am not sure. I do notice with the gaiwan I can control the steep a bit better and tweak the boldness of the brew based on the previous cup.

I am still getting a very dark, unsweetened chocolate flavor out of this one. This tea perplexes me and makes me wonder about the differences in everyone’s palates. This to me is not sweet at all. So it is interesting that folks mention getting sweet. I am curious to see how this compares to other Dragon Pearls as well.

I started drinking tea while on a 4 month long cycling trip through South America. It seemed to always be a great way to warm up when I was cold and it was always available everywhere. Mate was the big tea of choice down there and it was also a great way to get to know people. When I returned home, my sister introduced me to Teavana and this launched me into the realm of loose leaf tea. I am still new to this wonderful world, but so far I am loving it.

I am open to swapping. If you see something in my cupboard just message me and we can try to work something out!

Rating:
90-100 – love, love, love must have around always or as much as possible
80 – 90 – Like, could restock
70 – 80 – If some happened into my cupboard I would drink it but will probably never seek it out.
60 – 70 – Meh, will finish the sample but don’t need to drink this again.
Below 60 – Nope not for me.

Kansas City, MO