Found myself reading through Chado Tea Room ‘Tea List’ looking for green teas to try. Listed as special tea – Emei Mountain Bamboo Green tea is that. The dry leaves are very dark in color as compared to other green teas with hint of white on the dry leaves. I think I was attracted to the the color of the leaves. Brewed the leaves turn in to a pale green color with none of the white showing.
I did three 8 oz steepings ~ the 1st was just over to bitter taste. The color was a color of the dry leaves. Very little veggie smell smooth taste with some honey overtones. 2nd was a wash – way too bitter. This is what I get to tasting teas at work ;-). The 3rd is very pale in color almost like a white tea but slightly darker.
I would say I did enjoy this tea but won’t be able to try it again. As I’ve found out I’m allergic to it. =/ Oh the joys of finding that out.
I did not find this on Chado’s web site but it is listed in their in-store Tea List. (S-314)

Like most everyone I started out drinking Lipton tea. On a trip back to my home state of Oregon, I discovered Stash Tea Company. I liked them because they were from my home state and the flavors that I found. =) On a trip to Paris, France, I stopped by Mariage Freres. I had my “Ahhh” moment. The gentleman asked what I liked – at the time Earl Grey. My eyes went wide when he picked up this barrel of tea & shook it, opened the lid and said smell. I was in love. My first taste of loose leaf tea was Imperial Earl Grey. I took a break from tea but continued to drink Stash Tea.
Another door to explore opened with the discovery of Jane Pettigrew’s The Tea Companion: A Connoisseur’s Guide. I started marking off the teas I tasted in her book. I have purchased other tea books as well but Jane’s book has been the one I have always returned to for teas. I had the pleasure of picking up Jane’s new updated version of the book at the World Tea Expo. I look forward to tasting more teas. =)

Burbank, CA