This is my first taste of any of DavidsTeas, & I’d like to thank Bonnie, wonderful Bonnie, for including this in my care package.

Dry, it has a bit of a pipe-tobacco smell. I steeped for 4 or 5 minutes, & the smell of butter with a drop of vanilla said, “Steep no more”.

It’s a dark tea, & rather than buttered rum, I taste butterscotch. Of course, it’s been a couple decades since any alcohol crossed my lips, so what do I know? Anyway, it IS tasty! A little vanilla, a little coconut, the butter-scotch-iness is decadent, especially lightly sweetened. I’m gonna save the rest of this sample to drink on Sept 19th, which is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrrr…

Bonnie

I noticed that you had no Davids Tea so that’s why I sent it to you.

Terri HarpLady

Thanks, Bonnie! I will need to peruse the David’s tea website to see what else they have. I was looking, then I saw ‘artificial flavors’ on some teas, which caused me to look elsewhere. But the tea you sent was all natural flavors, so I’ll look again! :)

MsWhatsit

Arr! Then after you finish it on September 11th, I’ll bet you’ll be saying “Why is the rum always gone?”

I meant on the 19th.

Comments

Bonnie

I noticed that you had no Davids Tea so that’s why I sent it to you.

Terri HarpLady

I meant on the 19th.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO