Now I’m in the mood for something dark & rich, & this tea hits the spot!
The idea of this particular tea has both intrigued & freaked me out for awhile now. I’m not a big fan of citrus flavors in tea, there is usually an acidity that I don’t care for, but every time I visit the LTR I feel an urge to try this one. So, with my posse of women at my side the other day, I figured, what the heck! If I didn’t like it, someone would, right?

I liked it! I liked it enough to purchase a few ozs. The Puerh base is deep, satisfying, & earthy. Dry, it has a deep smell of orange peel & really reminds me of those fruitcakes my mom used to make. They were loaded with candied fruit, orange peel, etc. I think she baked them a month before xmas, wrapped them in cheesecloth & proceeded to marinate them in brandy, or rum, or something like that. Then when they were ‘ripe’, she packaged them up & sent them out as xmas gifts. They had a dark rich flavor, a sweet sticky density. This tea smells kind of like that.
Unsweetened the blood orange is there, but not overpowering, with a tangy berry flavor. I can drink it plain, but the addition of sweetness really brings out the juiciness of the fruit. It is tart & mouthwatering, deeply satisfying! Yum!

gmathis

The blood orange varieties I have had were so tart they made my eyebrows sweat … sounds like the pu-erh whips it into submission :)

Angrboda

I’ve thought for a long time that orange and pu-erh are two things that really suit each other well. There’s an orange flavoured pu-erh from Nothing But Tea which I’m very fond of. :)

Comments

gmathis

Angrboda

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO