I don’t know how old this Puerh is, it didn’t come with a pedigree to tell me what year it was grown, or what region it came from, or anything like that. I’m fairly new to Puerh, so maybe that doesn’t matter. So far, I’ve only drank 1 straight puerh, the rest have been in blends. I got an order from The Tea Spot recently, & ordered the sample size.

Smelling the package, it reminds me of a well cooked compost, combined with a salty ocean breeze. The bricks, or tuochas, are cute, dark brown with beige streaks, kind of reminds me of my spring compost pile with a little straw mixed in. I like the Tuochas. They would be great for traveling. At first I was like, “Do I break it apart, or just drop it in the cup?” I dropped it in the cup, it fell apart when the water hit it. Now I know.

I’ve already drank the 1st cup, and it was smooth, with a mineral taste, my bones are saying “This might be really good for us”. It has a dark color, deep reddish brown, & a dark taste, a very mild hint of bitter on the edges of my tongue, but that adds to the package, as the bitter taste is good for the liver & gall bladder.

The 2nd cup has an undercurrent of alfalfa & a mild saltiness to it. I really like the ‘grounding’ feel of it, the earthiness, the solidity. I’m a person who needs to stay grounded, as I’m very ‘airy’ (friends call me Terri the Fairie), & although I’m full of great creative ideas, I’m not always the best at bringing them down to earth. Like the Walt Whitman poem about sand castles…

I like this stuff.