I’ve always loved Jasmine tea, but some are better than others. This is one of them! I’ve not always been a huge fan of white teas, often feeling that they are kind of boring, but that has been changing lately, maybe it’s just because the quality of the whites I’m drinking is better. I’ve had some really tasty white teas lately, & I’m enjoying the difference between the various varieties.

In this tea, I think the balance of the silver needle to the jasmine is perfect. The aroma is heady, without being overpowering. The silver needle is delicate, & combined with the Jasmine I picture a field of early spring bulbs, especially the white ones. I actually have 2 different potted jasmine varieties as houseplants, & when they bloom (when they’re happy), my house is like heaven! ahhhhhhh!!!

So I brewed the first small pot of this tea this morning & shared it with one of my adult harp students. I think I’ll give her some as a gift, as she was enamored with it. I shared the 2nd steeping with my 2 sons, who have come back for 2nds. I’m on the 3rd steeping now. This was a sample size, but I plan to order more!

MsWhatsit

I love jasmine tea too. And wow, you’re actually growing jasmine successfully? That’s awesome!

Comments

MsWhatsit

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO