I’ve had a couple of crazy days! One of my daughters came friday, we spent the day eating, gardening, & sipping tea! We started with Laochan Black (her comment, "Wow! This is a great coffee substitute). We had some of Verdant’s Hand Picked Summer Tieguanyin (which I already reviewed) with it’s wonderful orchid-like essence, S’mores from Della Terra (thank you Azzrian), & Butiki’s Coconut Cream Pie (which was my daughter’s favorite tea of the day). All of this was spread out over the day.

I spent the weekend running around playing gigs, so all of my tea drinking was deep & strong: Wild Picked Yunnan Jin Jun Mei, Laoshan black, Bergamot Rose Laoshan black, & Imperial Breakfast Summer Blend. After each one was steeped 2 X, I dried the leaves & this morning I combined them all into one big brew, which was then strained off into a quart jar & refrigerated. An interesting combo, & tasty cold. Also, I only had one tsp of the WP jin jun mei, so I added a tsp of Laoshan black this morning for a nice hot cup!

What will I sip on next?

Bonnie

Sounds like a barista teaista! Party at Terri’s house, she has all the tea!

MsWhatsit

I kind of like the idea of combining previous steepings into a big jar of suicide tea. Now that I’m drinking so much of my tea hot, I’m going through it pretty fast. This would be a way to slow down the consumption a little as well as making an interesting game of tea roulette.

Terri HarpLady

LOL Bonnie! Those were all brewed over the weekend, in part because I wanted to compare them.
MsW: Previously I haven’t re-steeped teas all that much, but I’ve been doing it more lately. It was fun to put them all together!

Comments

Bonnie

Sounds like a barista teaista! Party at Terri’s house, she has all the tea!

MsWhatsit

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO