I got a sample of this in my first Verdant order, & am finally getting around to trying it. Dry, it smelled like Wakame (a sea veggie). I followed the instructions on the Verdant site:
1. It looked like Coca Coca, & tasted of toasted rice, like a really nice Genmaicha, with a hint of carmel.
2. The wet leaves have a deep charcoal & smoldering sweet grass scent, & I picture a pile of leaves burning in the fall. The taste has expanded to include a hint of cinnamon.
3. Now the flavor is sweeter, with a resinous quality that reminds me of a substance I used to smoke (back in the day). I’m also getting a bad case of cotton-mouth. Tannins or dejavu?
4. Bananas Foster with Vanilla ice cream & a sprinkle of cinnamon.
5. The wet leaves now smell like banana leaves, roasting over a bed of charcoal. A juiciness is rising (cotton-mouth is gone), with a bright hint of mango.

This was a really tasty tea! I’ve been re-steeping all day,lost count, interspersed with a few other teas as counterpoints. The leaves are seriously sturdy, & willing to continue to release their flavors each time.

Claire

I just ordered this from Verdant and I am so excited to try it!

Terri HarpLady

I forgot to mention, for each steeping, I drank a sample & poured the rest into a mason jar. I wanted to drink enough of each to enjoy it, but not waterlog myself. The jar went into the frig, & now I’m enjoying the ice cold results (with a pinch of stevia): a VERY tasty amber ice tea with hints of chocolate, banana, & vanilla. Very refreshing & delicious!

Insence&Tea

The banana flavor seems interesting. Did it taste more like a fresh banana, or a banana flavoring?

gmathis

Aren’t Mason jars the most wonderful invention? I have a dozen apiece of three sizes and they are in constant use at my house—for everything from apothecary jars to drinking glasses.

Bonnie

Nice review Terri. And I have a huge mason jar sippy cup!

Terri HarpLady

insence: More like cooked banana, if that makes sense…banana pudding?
Mathis: That’s all we drink out of at my house! I have Qt, Pt, & cup size. They are great for everything!
Bonnie: Thanks! :)

Comments

Claire

I just ordered this from Verdant and I am so excited to try it!

Insence&Tea

gmathis

Bonnie

Nice review Terri. And I have a huge mason jar sippy cup!

Terri HarpLady

insence: More like cooked banana, if that makes sense…banana pudding?
Bonnie: Thanks! :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO