While reading about all of the teas on the Verdant website, my initial reaction to this tea blend was disinterest. I kind of go through phases with mint, I grow several varieties, & right now I’m just not that into them. So initially I didn’t have any interest in this one.

Then I found out the current blends were all going away, to be replaced by more fall-like blends, & it was like, “I guess I’d better at least try them all before they’re gone.” Besides, I’ve enjoyed everything from Verdant so far, so I got some of this, & a few others that also didn’t initially peak my interest.

The first steeping (3 minutes) looked like soy sauce. It was very smooth & mildly sweet, but the main thing I could taste was MINT. In my face.

1. (5 minutes) The mint has calmed down a little, the color is a little more red, the taste a little sweeter from the fennel, the puerh & spices a little more forward. I think I was expecting a spicier brew, but it’s still nice.
  2. (7 minutes) Still substantial, smooth, & mildly minty. I’d like to add that there isn’t a single hint of bitterness here, I can tell that the Puerh base is a crystal clear brew in itself, & I’m thinking I’ll have to add that to my ‘next’ Verdant order. I think this will be especially nice cold-brewed, as the mintiness will add an extra-refreshing quality.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO