drank Earl of Grey by The Tea Spot

Thank you Bonnie for this sample!

I’m not a fan of bergamot. I enjoy the smell, but the taste tends to be acidic to me, which I don’t really care for. Tony, on the other hand, adores it, so I served this tea to him this morning.

While I was heating the water, I smelled the dry tea: It smells pretty heavenly, I’ll admit. Strongly reminiscent of Lemon Bars. They sell those at all the local coffee shops here, & if you haven’t had them, it’s basically lemon curd on a graham cracker crust, with powdered sugar sprinkled liberally over the top. I can’t eat such things, but one time I did bum a little tiny bite, just so I would get the experience, & let it melt in my mouth for as long as possible. Sheer heavenly decadence.

I also took a few sips of the tea before I delivered it to Tony. It was kind of interesting, a nice twist on the Earl. The bergamot is there, but not unpleasantly so, the vanilla-lemon curd taste is more up front. I handed him his tea & went on to savor my cup of Imperial Breakfast Summer Blend (I can’t wait to see what the winter version will be).

Tony’s comment regarding the tea: “It was ok, but it smelled too much like a pastry.”

Bonnie

You were right, it was like lemon pudding. I didn’t realize that there is something in it that I’m allergic to so I can’t get any more but I liked the lemon bar flavor.

Terri HarpLady

must be the licorice root, eh?

LiberTEAS

how can anything smell TOO MUCH like a pastry?

Terri HarpLady

That’s exactly what I was thinking! That pastry smell & taste becomes especially important when you’re gluten intolerant!
I find it also ironic that the rare earl grey that actually appeals to me a little doesn’t do it for him. Ah well…to each their own!

Comments

Bonnie

Terri HarpLady

must be the licorice root, eh?

LiberTEAS

how can anything smell TOO MUCH like a pastry?

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO