My first tea shipment from 52-teas has arrived! It includes:
Brandied Apricot Upside Down Cake Honeybush
Coconut Cream Pie (Black)
Gooey Butter Cake (black)
Malted ChocoMate

I’m not a big drinker of flavored teas. I’m also not an eater of desserts. So why did I buy these? LOL, I don’t know! It was the brandied apricot upside down cake that caught my eye, I’ll admit. The photo (of the actual dessert) looked so awesome, plus I have a history with brandied apricots.

When I was 15 I had a great babysitting job every Saturday night, & they
always stocked lots of food & encouraged me to eat & enjoy. After a few weeks I noticed this crock on the counter full of wonderful smelling juicy apricots, which I later realized were brandied apricots. I ate a few every week, they were so damn good, sometimes I ate more than a few!

This tea does not taste like those amazing apricots, but it’s a nice diversion. The dry smell is tart & tobacco-like. It brews into a pretty reddish brown. Unsweetened it is so-so. Add a little stevia & it’s pleasant: kind of like yellow cake with apricot preserves spread over the top. I’m sure it would be decadent with heavy cream & real sugar, but those aren’t on my menu. I might try it next time with vanilla almond milk, or coconut milk, but for now, it’s enough. I’m not a big fan of honeybush, but this will be a nice late afternoon tea, for when I want more tea but need to lay off the caffeine.

Azzrian

hahaha I wonder if they knew they were intoxicating the babysitter!

MsWhatsit

Oh my, you must have had a real sweet tooth the day you made that order. (Not saying I wouldn’t have done similar!)

Terri HarpLady

LOL, MsW, it’s true. Remind me to send you samples of those…

Comments

Azzrian

hahaha I wonder if they knew they were intoxicating the babysitter!

MsWhatsit

Terri HarpLady

LOL, MsW, it’s true. Remind me to send you samples of those…

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO