I’m not usually awake this early. I worked at my desk last night until 1:00am, answering emails & cleaning out my email boxes, a task that was long overdue (& still not complete). Then I did a few pages of Cryptograms to try to shut my brain down from thinking. Somehow it didn’t work, & I tossed & turned all night, having conversations in my head, to do lists, & other BS. I finally gave up & got out of bed at 5:45, a rising time that is unheard of in my life! I was hungry, & irritable from brain activity. So I got up & made breakfast: Fried apples with cinnamon & fried pork with cabbage. Both of my sons also got up & breakfast was served in shallow bowls, it a yin/yang sort of presentation. It was good.

Now I’m having tea. I love the way this tea foams on top every time I brew it. I’ve reviewed it before, & it’s definitely on my top 10 list of teas right now. I find myself rotating through several different black teas, & today it is this one. Richly Malty, deeply satisfying with a dark chocolate undertone & a peppery quality, this is a savoring tea, perfect for the morning. I feel like I’m getting away with something!