drank Blue Unicorn by Shanti Tea

Thank you, Ms Bonnie, for this interesting sample!

First, I don’t know what brand this is, but when I entered blue unicorn, Shanti Tea came up, & the picture looks right, so I’m just going to go with it.

It’s a cool looking tea! I love the ‘horns’, they remind me of those catapillar crysallis thingies that I used to see when I was a kid in California. They didn’t smell like anything to me dry.

I had 2 horns, so I put them in my little glass teapot & added hot water. They took turns floating up & down & releasing little air bubbles. I’m sipping the first steeping now, really just killing time before I meet 2 of my kids & my Man for lunch.

This is Ceylon tea, which in my mind means not particularly exciting. I get that Ceylon is the Champagne of teas, & is suppose to have a light & bright flavor. Call me unsophisticated if you must, but I tend to lose interest quickly.

The taste? I’m only on the first steeping, which honestly has kind of a salty & soapy vibe. When I get home I’ll run it through a few more steepings, as the horns have only barely started to open. For now, I’d rather drink water.

TeaEqualsBliss

Yup!!! It’s Shanti! One of my all-time faves! :)
I LOVE THIS TEA! Try 5 to 6 “horns” at a time or gradually increase them up to 5 or 6 if you want…it does make a difference the more you add! And multiple infusions are totally doable with this one, too!

Terri HarpLady

I only had 2! I only covered them with a little water, like maybe 4 ozs. I’m not done with them yet, this afternoon they will have more opportunities to prove themselves :D

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Yup!!! It’s Shanti! One of my all-time faves! :)

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO