Good morning Steepsterites!
This is my first cup of the day. I’ve been on Steepster for about 5 weeks now. Previous to joining this community, I drank a lot of tea, but it tended to be mostly teas I could source locally (at Teavana, Whole Foods, The London Tea Room). I had a pretty nice collection that I rotated through, heavy on the black teas. This was one of those teas.

Then I started reading & writing reviews, visiting tea websites, & drinking things like Laoshan Black & Puerh. Now my kitchen is full of samples of all kinds, my rotation of breakfast teas has gotten longer (really longer!), & I’m drinking a wide array of brews! I actually ordered the “Farewell Ponds” blend from Adagio, even though I’m not really into flavored teas much, don’t really care that much for Bergamot, & I really almost never like anything blueberry flavored (although I love real blueberries). I just had to have that one to drink with my son (age 23) when we watch that Dr. Who episode…LOL

So I’ve finally rotated back to the Kenyan. He is still tall, dark, and handsome! A deep brew, with a blackberry acidity that becomes more prominent as it begins to cool. This is a bold tea that would satisfy lovers of Assam & Irish Breakfast types. I’m thinking it might also be tasty with some vanilla bean blended in. hmmmmm…I think I need a 2nd cup…

Terri HarpLady

Guess who has vanilla beans? So…I’m having a 2nd cup with finely minced vanilla bean & stevia. This tea doesn’t re-steep well, I already knew that from previous experience, so I used fresh leaves too.

The vanilla is adding a nice dimension! It’s not something I’ll do all the time, but kind of a fun thing to do for a 2nd cup, just to change it up a little. This tea does have a sharp berry-like acidic edge to it, & the vanilla adds a mellowness.

Sitting here in my pjs, soaking up a little morning sun in my sunroom with my plants, sipping this tea…little Terri says, “It’s Bubble Bath time!”

Comments

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO