So apparently the virus that’s been spreading around Steepster finally made it to my house. I started feeling yucko last night & have cancelled students for today. I’m sitting in my sun room, surrounded by a variety of plants, including a meyer lemon tree with 7 almost ripe lemons, a key lime tree loaded with limes of all sizes & blossoming, & a kumquat tree with lots of baby kumquats on it. I’m soaking up the sun, & dosing myself fairly heavily with the following teas, which I’ve already reviewed & which all have healing medicinal qualities:
Cheryl’s Tea (Cheryls Herbs)
8 treasures winter yabao (verdant)
sichuan caravan (verdant)
& a brew I make from Astragulus root, lemon, ginger, lemon balm, & honey

I plan to spend the day out here, rotating through various steepings of those, plus homemade chicken stock that’s loaded with garlic & herbs.
Look out virus, I’ve got you in my sights, & it ain’t pretty!

Bonnie

Don’t forget to sleep! Hope you feel better.

Claire

I was stressing out this morning about missing class until I checked my email and lo and behold…my teacher is sick and cancelled class.

gmathis

Oooh…I’d almost volunteer to feel yucky if I could spend a quiet day in a sun room :)

Nik

Aww, feel better soon, Terri. Claire, that was a bit of luck, eh? Er, not that I’m celebrating the teacher getting sick, but you know what I mean… =)

Claire

Yeah, I hope she gets better soon because she’s an awesome professor, but I’m glad I don’t have to worry about an absence now!

Babble

I know I’m a little late to the party, but feel better :)

Comments

Bonnie

Don’t forget to sleep! Hope you feel better.

gmathis

Nik

Babble

I know I’m a little late to the party, but feel better :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO