I survived the wedding! As a reward, when I got home I brewed a cup each of Aquarius & Harvest Moon, both by Adagio. Sadly, I could barely tell the difference between them, with the exception of the chocolate & buttery carmel mouth-feel of the Harvest Moon. Oh well, I had to try!

It’s actually a beautiful day, & it was an outdoor wedding under a pavilion, over looking the Mississippi river. The views, in all directions, were stunning, as the leaves are changing & there was still a lot of green, with highlights of burnt red & orange everywhere. Absolutely beautiful!

The highlight for me (other than playing my harp, of course) was after the wedding when I was packing up my gear. A couple came up & started talking with me. He is the son of a lovely lady by the name of Doris, who I dearly love & haven’t seen for some time. I first met Doris about 20 or so years ago. I played a brunch at a local hotel for about 15 years, & Doris used to come to brunch with her other son & his wife. I would see them there every sunday (along with several other regulars) & after a awhile I started spending one of my breaks with them. Doris was probably about 65 then, always dressed colorfully, always wore a flower pinned on somewhere. She was a delight! Over the years they came to my other gigs as well, Tony & I had dinner with the 3 of them, they even came to my daughter’s wedding reception. I played at her 80th birthday party, & attended her 85th a few years ago.

What has always impressed me is the way her family cares for her. Her son & his wife live across the street from her, & have always invited her to go with them pretty much everywhere. In recent years, she no longer gets out, & the son I saw today said she sleeps about 18 hours a day. She still lives in the home her children were raised in, they take turns staying with her (grandchildren included), & she will most likely pass quietly from our world in her sleep, which is the way she intends to go. Her family has cherished her all of their lives, & I love that. That is how it is suppose to be.

Azzrian

Lovely story thank you for sharing.

Claire

That’s truly beautiful, thanks Terri!