Thanks to The Tea Spot for this sample!

On my last Tea Spot order I toyed with the idea of getting a sample of this. Their samples aren’t free, but they do include enough tea to really try something out. I ended up not getting it, & amazingly, they threw it in as a freebie. This sample is probably enough for 2 cups, or maybe 3. So I’m trying the first one hot.

It is a very pretty tea unbrewed, though not as pretty as the picture! It smells mostly of mints & lavender, with a little Lemon myrtle in the background. The brew is not pink, but there are pink rose petals floating around in it. Flavor-wise, it’s pretty mild. The Lemon Myrtle steps forward, strongly supported by chamomile. Everyone else forms a backdrop, like the scenery in a play. It’s pleasant, but probably not something I’d drink often. I sweetened the 2nd half of the cup, & I can say for a fact that this is a tea my grand daughter & one of my grandsons would love! (The other grandson has decided that drinking tea isn’t cool enough for him…sigh…). I like it best with a little sweetness myself.

Azzrian

We have rosewater lemonade at our favorite Mid Eastern place. Its SOOO good!

Now THAT sounds good!

Nik

I think I would like to try this steeped in Rooh-Afza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooh_Afza) instead of plain water.

Terri HarpLady

Wow, Nik, that stuff sounds amazing!

Nik

It’s so good, Terri! And it’s so durned sweet that a little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts me a long time.

Azzrian

the Lemonade there has saffron floating around in it.

Comments

Azzrian

We have rosewater lemonade at our favorite Mid Eastern place. Its SOOO good!

Now THAT sounds good!

Terri HarpLady

Wow, Nik, that stuff sounds amazing!

Azzrian

the Lemonade there has saffron floating around in it.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO