My first student of the day was a no-show. These things happen. People get sidetracked, or sometimes my calendar is wrong. Living in the Zen of the moment, as I like to do, I’m always secretly relieved when someone doesn’t show up. Suddenly I have 30 or 60 minutes to do whatever I want: Practice a song, wash a few dishes, make food, drink a cup of tea…
I had already started working on my novel this morning, so I just kept typing like a fiend! My 11:30 student was 10 minutes late, so I got in almost an hour of typing, which amounted to 2,109 words! I think that’s a new record of crazy typing for me! So now my current total is 6111.

The student who came is fond of green tea, so I served her Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls, and had a cup for myself as well. I’m on the re-steep now. It’s a pleasantly floral one, which I enjoy from time to time. I especially love the aroma when I open the canister! I’ve always loved jasmine, & for years I’ve put a drop of the real essential oil in my hair after bathing. (Used to it was a drop of Patchouli, & sometimes I still use that instead). And of course, I’m a sucker for novelty, so I love the little pearls!

The tea is bright, a little astringent, but tasty. I honestly never really care much for the re-steep.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO