I have a series of ‘sample’ jars (or boxes), one for green & white, one for puerhs, etc. I set it up this way so that I can get myself to sample a variety of teas. Today I reached into my ‘green’ sample jar, and this one came out. Here’s the review:
Dry: I smell the light aroma of peas
1. In 4 oz Gaiwan, 4 oz of tea at 3 sec – once upon a time I made a soup stalk out of pea shells, & this reminds me of that stock. It’s a light fresh pea broth.
2. Same broth, add a little soymilk to give it a creamy texture. It really does have a creamy mouth-feeling, & a hint of bitterness.
3. a little more green-ness, but also a little more sweetness!
I want to inject here that I really have a hard time steeping things for ONLY 3 seconds. I most always end up going over that. The next 3 steepings were for 6 seconds each:
4. Very creamy, & it does remind me a bit of soymilk. The bitterness is mostly gone now, & its a nice, mouth watering cup, with a sweetness in the back of the throat.
5. Seriously, it’s even creamier, & I feel almost like I’m drinking liquidated oatmeal & soymilk. It’s not thick for real, but there is a thick & rich sensation to it.
6. And this one is tasty too! A little bit astringent.

This tea really has a delicate profile, a pleasant green sweetness.
Now, on to lunch!