I would like to buy a large amount of this Shu, so that I can drink it for years. It is sweet, it is yummy. It is also featured in Sichuan Caravan, which is probably my favorite tea blend EVER! I should also order a ridiculously large amount of that, I suppose. :D

So…I haven’t written on my NaNoWriMo project for the last 2 days, & quite honestly got very little done over the weekend. I had planned on writing all morning, but Tony showed up, & I ended up fixing him breakfast & hanging out instead. Then the afternoon gig, errands, dinner, & now it’s almost 7pm & I’m drinking multiple steepings of this, and psyching myself up for some serious writing!

When I use my Gaiwan (4oz – 5 oz tea – 4 sec), I tend to steep 4 cups back to back (while the water’s hot), and the first 4 went down so quickly, they were just that good. Sweet buttery vanilla pastry.

I’m drinking the next 4 now: 2 at 10 sec, and 2 at 20 sec.

The 3rd steeping is also in process: I moved the tea to a steeping basket, dropped that into my 12 oz glass pot, & left it 5 minutes.

I think that will be enough tea for the night…lets see…4 oz x 8, that’s 32 oz, plus 12…that will be 44 oz of tea…good thing I’m gonna be up writing for awhile!

Terri HarpLady

oh, one more thing before I start typing like crazy. I love the way this looks dry. It reminds me of those dry salt plums you can get at the asian store. My friends & I use to suck on those when we were kids.

Bonnie

I wish I wasn’t allergic to the Sichuan Caravan ingredients. I like the new Herbal blend though because I take some of these Yanxin nuggets and some Laoshan black and mix them in sort of like the style of Summer Imperial Breakfast Blend.

I still haven’t tried that, but I have all the ingredients here to do so :D

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Bonnie

I still haven’t tried that, but I have all the ingredients here to do so :D

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO