I’ve been working my way through all of my breakfast teas (there are SO many!),in a rotation of sorts, starting each day with one I haven’t had for awhile. It’s kind of silly, I guess, but my black tea shelf looks kind of like a slow-mo game of red rover: All the tea canisters started on the right side, & each day I choose one, drink it, and move it to the left. That way nobody gets left out!

Today I’m having the Imperial Breakfast. This is a tasty blend of all the flavors I love: chocolate, malt, caramel, pastry. It’s very smooth and has a really nice depth to it, & yet it also has a bright sunny ambiance, perfect for the morning.

This tea is out of stock on the Verdant page, and I’m getting low in stock myself. I’ve assumed that David is going to make an Imperial Breakfast Winter Blend, since Summer is long over, and I’m sure it would be interesting and awesome, & I’ll gratefully buy it!
However, if he makes more Summer blend, that will be ok too!

gmathis

I’m way too loosey-goosey to be that organized, but it’s a great system!

Invader Zim

Red Rover Red Rover send Imperial Breakfast Summer Blend Over! lol

Terri HarpLady

It’s not as organized as it sounds, LOL. And of course, I always start by drinking all my favorites, and then there’s the ‘other’ black teas…usually I just skip back to my favorites again…LOL

Nik

I love your system! I enjoy my “close your eyes and point” tea selection method, but it does mean that teas get left out, because eventually I get a feel for where my favourites are and subconsciously point in that general direction. =) If I just Red Rover them, everybody will get to play. Thank you! :D

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Nik! I use similar systems throughout my life, to get things done and keep them ‘random’ (& to avoid having to make decisions). For instance, I have my yoga practice narrowed down to 8 Asana series (plus warm up, sun salute, and closing stuff). I don’t have time to do all of them every day, so they are in a 2 week rotation, with 8 3×5 cards that I colored and decorated, one for each series, plus a few Quigong cards (the wild cards). In the morning I shuffle and choose one. That’s my practice for the day. Once a card is used, it gets set aside until I start over 2 weeks later. I get the weekends off.

Terri HarpLady

Here’s another one, LOL: I have a bunch of those round bingo chips in a bowl near my harp. If I don’t have anything specific that I need to practice for, I reach in and grab one. It might say, “Debussy” on it, in which case I pull out all of my Debussy pieces and run through them. It can be a composers name, a style, the name of a tune, etc. Tuesday I drew, “Originals” so I ran through all of my originals, which is good because I sometimes forget the words to my own songs. Today it was “New Song”, & I have song lyrics I wrote that need to be arranged into a performable piece (“Cool Breeze Blow” is the title), so I worked on that. I’m still adding new things to the bowl, and once I’ve played one, it goes into a basket until I’ve made it through them all. Organizing these systems is the most Left Brained I get!

Nik

That’s a pretty impressive left-right balance, I’d say. =)

Terri HarpLady

I have crazy random bouts of Left brain activity, that usually results in some kind of organizing (sorry to say, many of my systems are short lived, but I keep trying). The rest of the time is Terri’s Airy Fairie World (that’s what I’m thinking of naming my Blog, if I ever do one…)

Nik

Sounds like the left is competent enough to organise life so that the right can do what it needs to do without stress and interference. Sounds perfect to me. =) Terri’s Airy Fairie World—do it! =)

Comments

gmathis

I’m way too loosey-goosey to be that organized, but it’s a great system!

Invader Zim

Red Rover Red Rover send Imperial Breakfast Summer Blend Over! lol

Nik

That’s a pretty impressive left-right balance, I’d say. =)

Nik

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO