I had students today from 10:30am until 6:00, with only 1 hour break at lunch time. I actually still have one more student at 7:00. I’ve been sipping this Sheng all day. I’m still fairly new to Shengs.

The dry aroma is rich with minerals, and a tickley salt sensation in my sinuses, and I love the way it looks! That pressed & dried cake look really appeals to me.

The first round of steepings started with 4 oz of tea with a quick rinse & 4-second steepings. I steeped 4 quick rounds in my Gaiwan, pouring them into 4 cups, all lined up in a row, and savored them, from right to left. Savory, smooth, even a little sweet, each cup just a little more potent, the taste reminded me of fresh hay. I did another round at 10-seconds each, & those were tasty too! Next I poured the leaf into a strainer and dropped it into my 8 oz cup for a 3 minutes steeping. I also had a 5 minute steeped cup.

I’ve enjoyed every drop, and although I’m not really giving much description here, it’s more because I’m still developing a context for the tastes & sensations I’m experiencing. I don’t want to just repeat what others have said, or use the product description page to come up with my description. I have enough to try it several times!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO