It’s been a busy morning! I started with Shagadelic English Breakfast (Tea Spot), then a cup of English Breakfast (Butiki).

Then it was time to start teaching, so I broke out the Gaiwan.
This Aged Traditional Anxi Tieguanyin has been a really tasty treat!
It tastes like I imagine Bananas Foster would taste, a roasted background with bananas and vanilla creaminess (especially if you add a pinch of stevia, which I usually do after I’ve drank several cups plain).

I only have enough to drink this 2 or 3 more times…I will miss it. Today I’m making one 4 oz cup at a time, sipping and enjoying. I have no idea how many steepings I’ve been through so far, but each one has been tasty. I started with 5grams of tea in a 4 oz Gaiwan, for 6 seconds, but have gradually upped the time, & now I’m steeping for a minute or something like that, and it’s still tasty!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO