drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Of course, I usually start the day with something dark and sexy, and after sharing a pot of White wedding with Leif, I had to turn to one of my most favorite teas of all time! Just for fun, today I’m brewing Gongfu style, I think for the first time. I’ve already been through 6 steepings, or maybe more. I love this tea.

Regarding Gongfu brewing:
What I like:
*The ritual of it, of course, and the way the tea gradually unfurls, and I really like the subtle differences between each cup.
*Also, I can sit around and drink from the same leaves for hours…and hours…and hours…
What I don’t like:
*I end up waterlogged! Of course, that happens anyway, cuz I like to drink tea, no matter what brew style.
*I keep having to reheat my water, because face it, a little 4 oz Gaiwan makes about 3 oz of tea (because the leaves absorb some), and that cools quickly, so I’m always coming back for more.
Also, I keep drinking from the same tea leaves for hours…and hours…and hours… so I can get a little bored. I never carry a tea to 18 steepings, it just doesn’t happen. Variety is the spice of life.

Solution? Buy more Gaiwans, have 3 or 4 teas going at once, so I can alternate through them, offering small cups to students as well. I think David Duckler said something like, “The best way to experience tea is with more tea.” That’s not real quote, just my attempt at quoting him, because I’m too lazy to look up the real thing!

Bonnie

There are things I could say with an opening like that but won’t…hee hee…my background cries out to…but I’ll be a good girl! Although for all the single gal’s out there, my son Aaron is dark and sexy and likes the tea I send him especially this one!

Terri HarpLady

Nicely put!

Comments

Bonnie

Terri HarpLady

Nicely put!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO