I used to drink a lot of green tea, especially Dragonwell and Sencha.
Then I kind of lost interest in greens for awhile. It just seemed like they oversteeped too easily and went bitter.

Today I’m in a bit of a green tea mood, and having fun alternating between several different teas for comparison, contrast, and my own salivatory entertainment. I also re-read the article on tea storage from the Verdant site, and am making a real effort to polish off all of my spring picked green and white teas.

This tea is so buttery and sweet, with a creamy texture, like a bowl of steel cut oats that were cooked in the crockpot over night and drizzled with soymilk. The leaves are so tiny, tender, slender and delicate.

Donna A

This sounds familiar. I’ve been in the mood for other teas lately, but recently, having read the same thing you did, I pulled out Mrs. Li’s Shi Feng Dragonwell, also from Verdant, and was reminded that it is very nice to sip a green tea once in awhile.

Terri HarpLady

I drank some of Mrs. Li’s today too!

Comments

Donna A

Terri HarpLady

I drank some of Mrs. Li’s today too!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO