This is my oolong of the day, another tasty tea from The Fragrant Cup, and it’s a good counterpoint to my multiple steepings of Xingyang 98.

The texture is both crisp and buttery, very very buttery! Its a sweet, carmelized green bean kind of flavor, with a bright floral finish. Actually, it’s not green beans I’m tasting. I just realized it’s long beans. I grow them sometimes in the summer, and they are really long (I guess you assumed that), and although you can use them just like green beans, they have a savory and floral flavor, quite different from your usual green beans (which I also grow). The vines produce beautiful flowers, from which the beans grow, and they are very prolific. This tea reminds me of them.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO