I miss-placed 2 oz of Sichuan Caravan…(sigh)…I know it’s around here somewhere…there is no way I already drank it all!! Oh well…

I’ve drank this YuLu a couple of times now, both western brew and gongfu, and I have to say, it is not my favorite of Verdant’s Teas.
It does have a flavor profile that in some ways reminds me of Jin Jun Mei, with it’s peppery honey qualities, and a little of my beloved Laoshan Black chocolate-ness, and the color of the liquor is a beautiful honey, with a stunning saffron yellow backdrop.

So what’s my problem? It has a burnt smell to me, and after drinking it I had what I call the ‘rock gut’ sensation, which I don’t care for.
Will I drink it again? Sure, I still have plenty of it, so I’ll add it to my rotation and give it another try in a week or 2, and I may experience an entirely different feeling. That’s one of the things I love about tea! I can drink the same tea many different times, and it might not always be the same for me, as my experience is in part effected by my mood, and I’m a little grumpy today, and other factors.

Next…

Bonnie

One of the things that I had to be careful about was timing on this one. 15 seconds seems short but was really enough time for all the flavor to develop. Once I let the steeping go a little longer Western Style and it was harsher. OOPS! I learned my lesson and pulled back. Using Spring water was better too. (Not saying you didn’t do these things because you are a pro at this, but I’m just sharing my own experience with this tea.)

Comments

Bonnie

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO