drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

Here’s something funny. I knew that I had reviewed this tea before, and as I’m sitting here smelling & sniffing it, making notes about it’s deliciousness, I did the unthinkable & went back & read my previous post. I was still new in the neighborhood (hell, I’m still new, I only joined Labor Day weekend, but I feel like I’ve been here for years, LOL). So, I could almost cut & paste that other review, all the way down to pushing my breakfast away to just enjoy the tea.

Last night’s gig was awesome! I was decked out in black, playing a mix of Holiday music, Jazz, & Rock. It was a corporate party, so they started off with Cocktails & then had dinner, continuing to drink more cocktails all the way through dessert. Their personalities were all initially rather stuffy, but by the end of the evening they were all laughing, hugging, & exuding compliments, like people often do when they drink. (not judging, just saying) I went from being ‘the harpist in the corner’ that everyone pretends is part of the scenery, to people coming and hanging out & wanting to talk to me & ask questions while I played, & finally some guy hit on me, saying he’d like to see me again & was I married. I lied & said yes (don’t tell Tony, he gets crazy jealous).

This tea is so delicious. Although I tend to lean more towards the deep & dark varieties, the taste of Mi Xian is just so delightful. Lightly floral, buttery, fruity, & honeysweet. When I was a little kid we used to have cream of wheat cereal, & my favorite way to eat mind was with butter and apricot or peach preserves stirred into it. This tea reminds me of that. It’s not malty, but there is a certain cereal quality to it. Of course, all of these flavors are subtle, with the honey on top!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO