drank Congou Keemun by Butiki Teas

Here is a sample I got from Stacy, who is awesome, at Butiki. Thanks Stacy!

This is very different from the other teas I have been drinking.
The dry leaf had a fruity & floral aroma.
The tea itself has an amazing array of flavors:
Initially I’m hit by a ‘perfume’, of sorts. It’s a floral, but not orchid, rose, or any of the floral tastes & smells that I recognize. It has an incense quality to it, & then there is a deep fruity flavor as well. It’s very earthy, a little malty.
Not my cup of tea, but an interesting experience, none the less.

Bonnie

I LOVE this tea…funny that you and I depart on this one.
I found out that Congou is more desireable because the leaves are the 5th row down, larger and harder to pick. They do have a fruity taste like having a glass of fine wine.
I love that! It’s my favorite right now from Butiki!

Comments

Bonnie

I LOVE this tea…funny that you and I depart on this one.
I love that! It’s my favorite right now from Butiki!

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO