This month’s Tea of the Month from Verdant included 3 Teas:
*Moonlight White 2011 Pressed Cake
*Silver Buds Yabao
*Golden Fleece

I already have Winter Buds Yabao and Golden Fleece in my cupboard, so now I have more of both. I enjoy David’s little page that accompanies the monthly offerings. There’s always a bit of a story, as well as anecdotal notes about each & steeping instructions. This month’s suggestions are to drink the Moonlight first, followed by the Yabao & then the Golden Fleece.

I have not been a huge fan of white teas, but I am starting to develop an appreciation for them lately. The dry leaf is a pressed mix of earthy colors: beige, sage, caramel, & black. The aroma is light: delicately green with a powdered milk element.
After steeping, the wet leaf smells of both freshly sliced raw winter squash, AND roasted carmelized winter squash! WoW!

I’ve been sipping it for awhile, & it is quite pleasant. The early steepings had a bit of a sharp edge, a slightly acidic note, almost a plum taste, but that faded into more of a mellow & sweet carmelized winter squash, with butter.

The suggestion is to move on to the Yabao, as comparison. So I will!

Invader Zim