I’m not allowed to buy any more teas until I’ve eliminated some of the ones I already have. Also, I have a tendency to focus on black teas & puers more than anything, so I went wandering through my green tea shelf, and realized that this one was almost gone & needed to be polished off. I mean spring was almost a year ago, right? Before we know it, there will be a plethora of freshly harvested greens, so I’ve got to start making room for them now!

I love these Laoshan Greens, from the various seasons. They have basically ruined me for other green teas, but that’s ok, because they are just so…je ne se qua (I know I spelled that wrong, sorry)…so fresh, so green, so buttery, so creamy…

This one has been compared to creamy oats with vanilla soymilk, & that description still stands. I had some students to teach this morning, followed by a few repairs & string changes that needed to be made on one of my rental harps. I sipped cups of this all the while, steeping in a Gaiwan for 4 sec for the first 4 rounds, then 8 seconds.
I’m ready for something else now, but it has been a pleasure.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO