As the afternoon passed, I became interested in drinking some sheng.
The first time I drank this, my formula was:
5G + 4oz @ boiling (rinse)X 4 sec. = Way strong!!
The 2nd time: 3G + 4oz @ boiling (rinse) X 4sec = ok…
This time: 4G + 4oz at 175 (rinse) X 4 sec = eureka!
This is probably how I’ll do Sheng from now on…at least this one!

It is very green in taste, like newly baled Hary, with the sweetness of clovers mixed in. There is also a resinous flavor and the sensation in my sinuses and roof of my mouth of Eucalyptus or camphor. This tea is young, but it has chaqi! I feel it in my neck, my 3rd eye, my sinuses, & my brain. This feeling came on very quickly, & I had a little bit of a headache briefly, and the desire to close my eyes & meditate. I took a few relaxing breaths & visualize a flower blooming on my forhead. I also did a little Reiki on myself, & the headache subsided.

Later steeping had a very mineral taste, almost metallic, the taste of iron.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO