The Verdant Tea of the Month Club package arrived, & as always, I was very excited! I already knew that there would be a sample of Anxi Fo Shou Black, as we were given a heads up via email. I kind of assumed (wishful thinking) that the 2nd tea would be Master Han’s Wild Picked Yunnan, since it was also being newly unveiled. Imagine my disappointment at the 2nd tea being Yu Lu, which I have not really cared much for & already still had some of. Oh well…

Not to be unwilling, I gave it a go, per David’s instructions. To avoid muddying the waters, this was my first tea of the day. M
5G + 4oz (rinse) X 4 sec = a pleasant malty taste & creamy texture.

I resteeped several times, keeping all of the steepings short, & at one point the taste I don’t care for (see previous reviews) waved at me from a distance, but it wasn’t in my face. So now I know that this one only goes in the Gaiwan (no western brewing), & I can live with it.

hmmm i really need to make time to sit with these teas ASAP

Bonnie

I loved this tea but it’s better brewed in a Gaiwan.

Comments

hmmm i really need to make time to sit with these teas ASAP

Bonnie

I loved this tea but it’s better brewed in a Gaiwan.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO