drank Chai Spice by Verdant Tea

This is not the exact Chai Spice recipe from the Chai Spice that came in our January Tea of the Month package, however it has many of the same ingredients, with the addition of goji berries, so I’m just going to use it, because they have the same name. So there!

I just enjoyed a lunch of Greek sliders, baked sweet potato with cinnamon, & cukes. I wanted to follow that with something sweet & spicey. I combined 2 t of the chai spices with 8oz water, simmered for 5 minutes (really probably 6), added 1 t of Yu Lu, steeped for 3 minutes, meanwhile I heated up a cup of almond milk, then added it at the end.

Unsweetened: ginger & a touch of salt

With Stevia: oh baby! It really tastes reminiscent of a ginger snap cookie.

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO