I’m a sucker for almost anything Verdant lists on their website.
Not that it’s a bad thing, mind you. With the exception of my bank balance, I’ve never been disappointed. :)

Some shengs are harsh, at least for the first couple of steeps. I tend to be very conservative on the amount of leaf I put in my Gaiwan, usually using 2 – 3 G, at least for the first time I try one, & I always keep those initial steepings really short. I keep notes in a tea journal, so that the next time I drink that tea I’ll be able to adjust things based on my previous experiences.

When I opened the package, I was delighted to see beautiful large flat pieces in the colors of a dry leaf pile. Whoever pried these off the cake did a beautiful job! The dry aroma was subtly sweet, fresh, & green. The wet leaf swelled to fill my Gaiwan, & it’s aroma was mineral rich. I was feeling daring, so I went with 5G in my 4 oz Gaiwan, one rinse, and 4 seconds (for those who aren’t familiar with my ’formula’s’, this translates into the following:
5G + 4oz (rinse) X 4 sec = A beautiful amber liquid with a sweet mild taste! Not a hint of harshness to be found!

I drank this all afternoon while I was teaching. The flavor continued on, mildly sweet & tongue numbing. Around the 6th steeping there was a little astringency, but this was gradually transformed into a citrus flavor that reminded me of aged tangerine peels, & sensation of allspice.

This is a pleasant sheng, with a nice sensation of chaqi as well!

CharlotteZero

I am also a sucker for Verdant Tea. I just received this one in the mail, and now I really can’t wait to try it!

Terri HarpLady

My only complaint: They keep sending me samples of the flower tea.
(Little Terri rolls her eyes & sighs). I tried it, I’m not all that into it. I think I have 3 sample packets of it now…

CharlotteZero

LOL. I feel the same way, and I have four!

I would have 4 but we did drink one of them

Comments

CharlotteZero

Terri HarpLady

My only complaint: They keep sending me samples of the flower tea.

CharlotteZero

LOL. I feel the same way, and I have four!

I would have 4 but we did drink one of them

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO