It’s been a long day.
I got up early & drove 2 hours with Ari to play at the memorial service of one of my dearest & oldest friend’s grand-daughter, who left this world a week ago at the age of 11 months. I had only met the baby once, but she was a delight, as all babies are. My heart aches for my friend, her daughter & other children, & her grandchildren, & for their tragic loss.
I’m home now.
I brewed this tea following the Xingyang workshop recommendations:
5G + 4oz (rinse) X 2 minutes
This is a potent, smooth, & slightly bitter brew. Just what I need at this moment: grounding, introspective, a reflection of the harsh realities of life.

I’ll review it in more depth on another day, when my heart isn’t aching.

gmathis

What a hard thing. Praying for peace for you.

jessiwrites

That’s heartbreaking. I’m sorry you had such a difficult day.

ashmanra

Oh dear! The loss of a child is one of the most hear trending things on earth. Blessings to you for helping the family with your music. It soothes and it was a noble gift to give your friends.

BoxerMama

I’m so sorry Terri, my thoughts are with you.

Azzrian

So sorry Terri

Terri HarpLady

Thanks, friends. I feel grateful that I didn’t already have a gig lined up for today, so that I could be there for my friends on this sad day.

Comments

gmathis

What a hard thing. Praying for peace for you.

jessiwrites

That’s heartbreaking. I’m sorry you had such a difficult day.

ashmanra

BoxerMama

I’m so sorry Terri, my thoughts are with you.

Azzrian

So sorry Terri

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO