This is my first cup of tea in 2 days. I woke up in the early hours of monday morning with a stomach bug, which seems to be going around. I spent all day monday sleeping away the delirium of feverishness, & today have mostly slept as well. I was awake for a few reading sessions (I’m now past 50% on American Heiress!).

This brings to mind an Irish Fiddle tune, “When sick, is it tea you want?” I can’t drink tea on an empty stomach, so I had none.

Now I’m on the mend, having a bowl of soup. It’s late in the day, but I really wanted some tea! I opened the cupboard & went straight into the ‘hoarding’ section, & I knew I wanted this. Such a richly balanced blend, I know that many of us had hoped that David would create a Winter blend, but since winter is almost over, that seems unlikely. I can only hope that he will make another summer blend. Until then, I will continue to hoard this until it’s gone.

Josie Jade

Hope you feel better soon, Terri! Glad you had The American Heiress to keep you company :)

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Josie! My appetite is returning, & that’s always a good sign!
American heiress has turned out to be a much smoother read than Anna karenina, & it’s going by very quickly. At this rate I’ll finish it long before the deadline :)

Fjellrev

Aww no, sick twins! Hope you’ll feel better soon. You truly do deserve a hoarded tea at a time like this.

Terri HarpLady

Thanks incendiare. I hope you’re feeling better as well :)

gmathis

Irish fiddle tunes :) Believe it’s nearly time to break out the “Cherish the Ladies” CD!

Comments

Josie Jade

Terri HarpLady

Thanks Josie! My appetite is returning, & that’s always a good sign!

Fjellrev

Terri HarpLady

Thanks incendiare. I hope you’re feeling better as well :)

gmathis

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO