I recycle tea canisters. I’m sure I’m not the only one. I peel off the labels, little Terri decorates a section of paper, & we tape it on as a new label. I have to have at least a couple oz of a tea in order for it to warrant it’s own canister. The reason I’m writing this is to explain why my 2nd cup of Kenyan from LTR ended up being a cup of Bolder Breakfast. The Kenyan is in an old Bolder breakfast canister, & because the canister is square instead of cylindrical, we just decorated a stick on label. So the 2 canisters were side by side, I suppose, & I reached in, grabbing the ‘wrong’ one, didn’t really pay attention while I measured it out, sat down with the cup, breathed in, as I always do, & “huh?”

There are no mistakes in life. I had oversteeped the first cup of Kenyan, & although I drank it, it was somewhat bitter & I was going to remedy that with a 2nd cup. Instead I remedied it with a completely different cup.

Bolder breakfast is both bold & mellow, at the same time. There is chocolate, there is a substantial tea base, the puer is somewhere in the back. It is a contrast from the kenyan, as it doesn’t have that bright fruity element, it’s more of what I’d call a ‘matte’ texture.
A nice contrast.

Indigobloom

haha I’ve done that before! reached for the wrong one and get surprised by the wrong tea when I sip :P

TeaBrat

I do that too… :)

Comments

Indigobloom

TeaBrat

I do that too… :)

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO