I have a lot of desk work to do. I hate doing it. I try to stay in the Zen of the moment, pick one thing, & just do it. Then pick another, etc. But I really have to be in a special mood (i.e. Theresa has to be in charge), & because little Terri & I are rebels (without a clue), we avoid my office like a plague. Also, we are ADD, so any interruptions sabotage our efforts. And there is just SO MUCH to do, so we all get overwhelmed.

Today there was no excuse. I kept trying to make excuses, I just wanted to drink tea in my PJs all day. Suddenly Theresa remembered that somewhere in a box I have an electric stainless steel kettle from when I taught Harp in the Visual & Performing Arts school. Somehow I’d forgotten all about it, but I even knew where it was. So Theresa & I made a deal. We get to drink as much tea as we want, in my office, as long as we’re also doing some kind of ‘work’.

I have this tea in a Gaiwan on the 2nd floor with the tea kettle, a cup, & my strainer. We’ve been sipping it & smiling all day. We haven’t really accomplished that much, but we did finally do a CD count, calculate my sales tax for the year, & fill out all the forms. It’s only 3 weeks late (a little over a dollar in penalties).

I love the German chocolate cake-iness of this tea! I took a break for lunch, had a cup of Mi Xian, & now it’s back to my office. Next project, Theresa?

gmathis

Love your negotiating skills!

Terri HarpLady

: D
I did manage to complete another project! And I got to drink tea all the while, although I didn’t get to write about the teas I drank because the dashboard was down. There’s always tomorrow!

Comments

gmathis

Love your negotiating skills!

Terri HarpLady

: D

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO