I have a fancy gig tonight, a very profitable gig. The kind of gig that requires my Barbie wardrobe. The problem is my Barbie clothes (long sequence gown & other fancy pants blouses, skirts, & pants, all in black) are all getting old. I wanted the awesome crochet tunic with the chiffon palazzo pants. Sadly, it’s coming uncrocheted. I settled for the beaded blouse, whose beads are starting to fall off. Nobody will get close enough to notice.

Next irritation: a water main broke, so the water is suddenly off. No shower, no tea!
I packed my go cup & strainer & tea, grabbing my duffle bag with my outfit, etc.
Drove through Starbucks & got a Venti soy chai, 9 pumps in my insulated sippy cup.

Now I’m sitting at PF chang’s, sipping dragon eye oolong, & waiting for my food.
It’s gonna be a great night!

Terri HarpLady

Punch line: my tea was overstepped & my fortune cookie said, “good Luck is the results of good planning.”

canadianadia

Barbie wardrobe – what a great description! :D

gmathis

I don’t have a Barbie wardrobe, but I do have a bag lady wardrobe ;)

Terri HarpLady

My referring to it as my Barbie Wardrobe doesn’t imply that I’m built like a Barbie, LOL. Most of the time I wear PJs, or jeans & T’s. The only nice clothes I own are my gig clothes: a mix & match wardrobe of all black, accumulated over the last 30 years. Many items are way too big now, as I lost 25# over the last year, some are still too small, many are looking ratty. I’d really like to donate the whole pile & start over. I need to at least go through it, & narrow it down to things that actually fit, & that I like. I don’t like shopping. I’d rather buy tea.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

canadianadia

Barbie wardrobe – what a great description! :D

gmathis

I don’t have a Barbie wardrobe, but I do have a bag lady wardrobe ;)

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO