So the Tea Party was a wonderful time!
Roughly 25 people came, a mix of professionals & students. I made a couple dozen deviled eggs, a batch of humus, sliced up veggies, & set out olives & the chocolates that 2 of my students gave me over the holidays. I can’t eat them, so I saved them for the tea party. Everyone brought finger foods to share. It was a pretty nice spread!

I set up my electric kettle on one counter with all the bagged teas, so people could serve themselves, then I manned the other kettle on the stove, brewing pots/Gaiwans of tea for those who wished to sample things. We sampled:
Golden Fleece (Which I also drank all morning)
Anxi Fo Shou
Taiwanese Dong Ding Oolong
Handpicked Summer Laoshan Green
These were all enjoyed. One gal said, “This is the best green tea I’ve ever tasted!”

There were chai drinkers, so over the course of the afternoon, I also made 3 pots of Chai (adagio) in my big green dragon cast iron pot for them (each pot holds about a Qt & a half).

While we were all hanging out, eating, sipping, & visiting, each harpist took turns playing for awhile. That way we had Harp music for our party!

KallieBoo!

Sounds fun :D I would love to do something like this!

Tealizzy

Sounds great! I love doing tea parties. I’ve held some, but only with a couple people at a time.

NofarS

Sounds like you had so much fun! Would have loved to be there :)

Terri HarpLady

It really was fun! I host this tea every year, always asking people to bring a sweet or savory finger food to share. It’s almost always a ton of desserts, which I can’t eat, but I love my deviled eggs, which are loaded with capers, dill, & other yummy things, & I just drink as much tea as I want, which I do every day, but it’s fun to share!

Comments

KallieBoo!

Sounds fun :D I would love to do something like this!

Tealizzy

NofarS

Sounds like you had so much fun! Would have loved to be there :)

Terri HarpLady

I’ve explored a variety of teas:
Whites tend to be a little bland…sorry
Oolongs – wonderfully sensual
Roobios – I’m not a fan in general
Puehr – a fairly new direction for me

And Black Tea, Oh how I love thee!!
I am on a quest for the most wonderful breakfast cup! I will find you, my Love!

St. Louis, MO